Terms & Conditions
We apologise in advance for the following but, as a result of recent changes in UK law, we are obliged to spell out what follows. Most of it is what might well be termed "common sense" and we don't think any reasonable person would object to any of it. If you're not in the UK, some of it won't apply to you.
- In these Terms and Conditions "we", "our", "us", "Rare Teas", "rareteas.net" and "rareteas.co.uk" all refer to "Rare Teas / rareteas.co.uk".
- These terms and conditions are in addition to your statutory rights as a consumer. Please e-mail us if there is anything you would like clarified and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Acceptance of Terms
Before placing an order with us you must be aged 18 years or older. When you place an order using our website this is an offer by you to us to purchase the items you have chosen. When we confirm your order this is to indicate that we have received it. It does not indicate that we have accepted it. We will indicate acceptance of your order and hence a contract between us when we send you an invoice.
Prices and Availability of Goods
All prices are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated and are in British pounds sterling as default (unless changed to another currency). Please note that prices shown in currencies other than British pounds (GBP) are approximate and will depend on the exchange rate charged by our card processor and/or the financial institute that issued your payment card.
We reserve the right to change prices without prior notification. We do our best to ensure that the goods advertised on our website are available at the advertised price but they may not be available at that price or they may be temporarily out of stock or unavailable. If a pricing error has been made we may honour the price at our own discretion. If we cannot accept your order because goods are unavailable or no longer available at the advertised price we shall advise you, reject your order and give you the opportunity to amend it.
We accept payment by virtually any credit or debit card - including Visa and MasterCard - and any other payment card accepted by our payment processor.
When you pay for an order placed on our website, you will be directed to our payment processor, Paypal. You do not need to have a Paypal account to use this service but if you have, you can, at your choice, use it to fund the transaction. On the Paypal payment page, all information, including Credit card numbers, is encrypted using minimum 256 bit encryption. It is only decrypted after reaching Paypal's computers. It is not held in clear text on any web site. The payment will be debited from your account upon receipt of your order. Completing the payment information and submitting the order implies authority to debit the relevant card.We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order and the shipping charges before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provided in your order form. A further email will inform you of our acceptance of the order. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. In the event that, for any reason, your order cannot be accepted, an immediate refund will be made to the account that was debited when you placed the order.Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any data which you send to us by email so we advise you never to send sensitive information by such means.
Other Payment Methods
Where appropriate, payments from both UK and Overseas customers should be made payable to "Rare Teas"
For our UK Customers
- Personal cheque (please allow five working days for funds to clear)
- Banker's draft
- Postal order
- Bank wire transfer or CHAPS transfer
(We may request payment by Bank Wire Transfer or CHAPS transfer only for some transactions)
For our European & other overseas customersPlease ensure that all payments are drawn in UK Pounds Sterling by either
- International money order (IMO)
- Bank wire transfer
- Banker's draft - Must be drawn on a British Bank and in UK pounds Sterling
(We may request payment by Bank Wire Transfer only for some transactions)
CancellationsIf you are in the UK, the provisions of the Distance Selling Regulations may apply to your transaction with us. This is our current understanding of what we and you must do:
- You have the right to cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time from placing your order until 7 working days from the day after you received the ordered items.
- You must give us written notice of your cancellation by e-mail or post.
- If you cancel your order following dispatch of the goods, you must also return the goods to us.
- You must not unpack goods when they are received by you if you have already cancelled your contract.
- You must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible. We will then refund your credit or debit card with the total value of your order (including delivery charges) within 30 days of cancellation PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you.
- If you do not return the goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of delivery, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be re-credited to you.
- Until you return items to us you are responsible for their safe keeping and taking reasonable care of them. We do not accept liability for returned packages damaged during transit back to us. It is your responsibility to wrap products adequately to prevent damage.We do not accept cancellations for orders sent outside the UK once they are despatched.
Retention of Title
All goods remain the property of Rare Teas until payment in full has been received and cleared. The risk of ownership passes to the buyer on delivery.
Events Beyond our Control
Every effort will be made to carry out the contract but its performance is subject to cancellation or variation as may be necessary as a result of an Act of God, War, Strike, Lockout, Labour, Dispute, Fire, Flood, Drought or other cause beyond our control.
- Rare Teas reserves the right to change any part of this agreement without notice and your use of the Website will be deemed as acceptance of this agreement. We advise users to check these Terms and Conditions before placing an order. The date of last modification can always be found at the foot of the page.
- Rare Teas have complete discretion to modify or remove any part of this site without warning or liability arising from such action.
Limitation of Liability
- Rare Teas will under no circumstance be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages including any loss of business, revenue, profits, or data in relation to your use of the Website, even if we have been notified of the possibility of such loss.
- Nothing within this Agreement will operate to exclude any liability for death or personal injury arising as result of the negligence of Rare Teas, its employees or agents.
- All intellectual property such as trademarks, trade names, patents, registered designs and any other automatic intellectual property rights derived from the aesthetics or functionality of the Website are the property of Rare Teas.
- All brand names, product names, titles and images used on this site are trademarks or trade names of their respective holders. No permission is given in respect of use of any of the above, and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
- By using the Website you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of Rare Teas and will refrain from copying, downloading, transmitting, reproducing, printing, or exploiting for commercial purpose any material contained within the Website.
- The information on the website is provided on the understanding that it is for informational use only and does not constitute advice. It should not be relied upon when making any decision.
- The information on the Website is provided on an "as is" basis with no warranties expressed or otherwise implied relating to the accuracy, completeness, fitness for purpose, compatibility or security of any components of the Website. There could be technical inaccuracies or typing errors and all liability arising from such is disclaimed as far as is permitted by law.
- We do not guarantee uninterrupted availability of the Website and do not represent that use of the Website will be error free.
The Website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties. We do not control such websites and we take no responsibility for and will not accept any liability in respect of their content. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any agreement with or endorsement of any content contained on such websites.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This Agreement will be governed by the laws of England and any user of the Website hereby agrees to be bound exclusively by the jurisdiction of English courts without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
- A person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1990 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.